Here we go…
If you’ve come across this post you’re probably thinking, ‘oh look ANOTHER Wealthy Affiliate Review’ or you’re wondering if you can make money with my #1 recommended affiliate marketing platform!
In this post I’m going to be revealing everything you need to know about Wealthy Affiliate before joining. This simple yet effective training can turn you from an affiliate marketing novice into an affiliate marketing expert in an extremely short space of time.
Wealthy Affiliate Review Summary
Name: Wealthy Affiliate
Founders: Kyle Loudon & Carson Lim
Product Type: Affiliate Marketing Training Platform & Community
Price: Free Starter Membership, Premium Membership ($49/month or $359/year)
Best For: Affiliate Marketing beginners, intermediates and experts
Summary: Wealthy Affiliate is an affiliate marketing training platform and community that teaches people how they can make money using the business model affiliate marketing.
- People who want to make a side or full-time income
- Want to work from their computer or have location freedom
- Want to make a passive income and work whenever they want
It is my top recommended platform for beginners starting their online journey, with over 1.5 million members worldwide benefiting from it and starting their own online business that bring is recurring full-time income.
What is Wealthy Affiliate?
Wealthy Affiliate is an online marketing training platform and community designed to help beginners and other affiliate marketers of all levels create their own niche websites that they can use to make money online through the business model Affiliate Marketing.
The platform aspect lets you access a wealth of quality training, tools and resources to help you get started in the industry.
The community aspect allows you interact with thousands of like-minded online entrepreneurs of all levels. You will be able to leverage the knowledge of experienced online marketers so you’ll never be left to figure it out on your own.
Wealthy Affiliate was founded in 2005 by Kyle Loudon and Carson Lim, starting off as a Keyword List Membership Platform, but over the decade they have been able to transform it into a worldwide affiliate marketing platform, stacked with tools training and resources to help you build a successful online business.
You are also able to get into contact with the co-founders within Wealthy Affiliate as a Premium Member and they are both very active in the community, offering direct help for members where they can.
- Why Wealthy Affiliate?
Chances are that if you’re on this review, like me and many others you’re interested in learning how to create a successful online business, but wondering where to start or what tools there are out there that can teach you.
Unlike many other platforms out there, Wealthy Affiliate’s main focus is on educating individuals, regardless of their technical knowledge, background or experience.
You’ll be provided with step-by-step, easy-to-follow text and video tutorials, covering everything that you need to know about creating an affiliate marketing business from A-Z which we will go over in more detail below.
Inside Wealthy Affiliate:
1. Choose an Interest
You will first learn how you can turn your passion into an online passive income stream, and that starts with you choosing your niche. A niche is simply a topic of interest, for example if you’re interested in cameras, sports, fitness, skincare, then you can create a website for that niche and promote products/equipment/services in that niche.
The training within Wealthy Affiliate also offers detailed guidance on how to choose a suitable niche.
2. Build a Website
Once you’ve chosen your niche, the next step is creating your website based on the niche you’ve chosen. Your website is the key asset to you you online business
Never built a website before? Not a problem! Before the training I never knew how to build a website and how EASY it was, within the first day, I was able to create a full functioning website.
The process of building a new website has never been easier with Wealthy Affiliate; they have a dedicated web hosting service called SiteRubix which allows you to create a free website in 30 seconds!
Wealthy Affiliate’s website builder uses both SiteRubix as the host and WordPress as the platform where you can choose from tons of themes to customise your website.
3. Attract Visitors
Like any business, without customers there is no chance for revenue. The same can be applied here, without traffic, you;re not going to be able to earn anything, which is why it is vital that your site is set up to attract visitors.
This also tends to be the most difficult and time-consuming part of affiliate marketing because whether you use paid traffic or free traffic methods its either going to take a lot of time or a lot of money.
Wealthy Affiliate has a course dedicated to teaching you how to write quality content that ranks on Google (SEO) along with how to leverage the power of keyword research to create content that attracts visitors.
4. Earn Revenue
After you’ve laid down the foundations for your website such as choosing your niche, creating your site, generating traffic you’ll then learn different ways that you can monetise your website.
Once your website has regular visitors you can then connect them to products or services that they may be looking for or are interested in. If they go on to purchase that product through links on your website then you earn commissions, and in short that is how affiliate marketing works.
If your site is set up in a way so it can attract a constant stream of new visitors, that in turn purchase the products that you’re promoting, then you’ll be earning a passive income, either through new referrals or products that charge monthly.
1. Online Entrepreneur Certification Course:
This core training is broken down into 5 Certification Courses consisting of 10 lessons each. These courses are designed to guide you through the basics of choosing a niche, building a website and driving consistent traffic to your website.
- Level 1: Getting Started – This 10 lesson course will walk you through the steps of creating a successful online business that generates revenue.
- Level 2: Building Your Own Traffic Producing Website – This 10 lesson training will walk you through no cost traffic generation techniques that will allow you to capture highly relevant traffic in any niche.
- Level 3: Making Money – This is a 10 lesson course that teaches you a number of ways that you can make money with your website, such as Google Adsense and affiliate links.
- Level 4: Mastering Social Engagement – This course is dedicated to all aspects of social. From social media, social marketing, and social networks. Ultimately any success within the social world is the result of social engagement.
- Level 5: Achieving Maximum Success Through Content Creation – The outcome of this training is going to be an understanding of how to scale your business through content in the most effective and efficient way.
2. Affiliate Bootcamp:
If you are struggling to choose a niche, or would like to leverage Wealthy Affiliate’s very own Affiliate Program, then the Affiliate Bootcamp Course would suit you best.
Although the 4-step process is the same as the Online Entrepreneur Certification Course, the one difference is, instead of choosing your own niche, you’ll be focusing on the “make money online” niche and referring people to Wealthy Affiliate.
This course is broken down into 7 levels, consisting of 10 lessons each, guiding you through the process of building a website, creating quality content, getting traffic and effectively promoting Wealthy Affiliate membership to help them.
- Level 1: Getting Your Business Rolling – 10 lesson course on getting your business started with the right foundation. Understanding the WA Program.
- Level 2: Content, Keywords and Conversions – The focus of these 10 lessons will be on content. This includes the actual creation of content on your site, how to make it presentable and readable, how to leverage “keywords” to create content that ranks, and how to make your content to convert.
- Level 3: Giving Your Site Social Value – You will be taught a variety of social aspects that you can incorporate into your site to make it more social, more engaging, and that you can use to get more reach (and traffic).
- Level 4: Get Visual. Get Aesthetic. Get a Brand Through Media – In this phase you are going to be learning all about “sprucing” up your website to make it a better experience for your visitors.
- Level 5: Knowing Your Audience & Catapulting Your Referrals – This phase teach you a variety of topics, such as understanding your audiences and having improved skills in respect to converting a visitor on your website to a referral.
- Level 6: Bing, Yahoo & The Power of PPC – In this training you will be taught how you can leverage the “other” search engines which can lead to an incredible amount of traffic to your business.
- Level 7: How To Scale Successful PPC Campaigns – In this lesson you will be learning the process of scaling PPC campaigns in a way that leads to profitability and long term success.
Note: Levels 2 to 7 are Wealthy Affiliate Premium Courses meaning that you need to be Premium Member to access them, however Level 1 is FREE and members with Starter Accounts can access them.
3. Live Weekly Training Webinars:
Wealthy Affiliate also offers weekly, interactive live training webinars, hosted by WA’s Head Training Chief Jay. The webinars cover a wide-range of internet marketing topics ranging from:
- Choosing a profitable Nice
- SEO & Google Ranking Tips
- Keyword Research Tips
- Writing Content that Converts
- Email/Social Media/YouTube Marketing
- Building Sales Funnels
- Scaling your business…
The training webinars are ALL focused on education and topics that are proven to help maximise your success with affiliate marketing.
All live training sessions in WA are also recorded, so if you miss any you can watch any replay whenever you want by going into the ‘Live Video Classes’ area.
There are over 400 hours of training webinars available within Wealthy Affiliate that are all extremely informative and easy-to-follow.
During the live training there is a Live Chat feature where watching members can ask questions, participate in the discussion and have their questions answered by Jay during the session.
Towards the end of each live webinar there is also a Q&A session where members can ask any additional questions.
1. Website Builder: SiteRubix
For any online business building a solid foundation is key and to do this you need to have a solid website. your website acts as your main online asset as it is the place where you generate your content which will then convert to sales.
SiteRubix is Wealthy Affiliate’s very own hosting solution that makes creating a website simple.
Clicking on the “Websites” tab on the left hand menu will open these options, from there you click on “Site Builder” to start building your website.
Clicking on this will then show you three options; these options are on a “Free Domain”, on a “Domain I Own” or “Register a Domain” (as shown below).
Once you’ve chosen your domain, you’ll then need to complete 3 easy steps before your website is created:
- Choose the domain name for your website
- Choose your website’s title
- Choose a theme (design) for your website
Using the Wealthy Affiliate SiteRubix feature to build your website is a great way for beginners to start understanding how creating their website actually works as it is a fully integrated system and includes website hosting as part of your membership. This means that you don’t have to worry about signing up with another web hosting service as it is all within Wealthy Affiliate.
With SiteRubix you are able to build a website within 30 seconds and as part of the WA Free Starter Membership you are able to build 2 Free Websites. If you would like to know more about how to create your free website with SiteRubix, check out “How To Create a Website from Scratch for Free.”
2. Keyword Research Tool: Jaaxy
The next tool that you’ll need in order to succeed in online marketing is a Keyword Research Tool. Keyword research is a fantastic way to help your content rank well in Google as you can research which keywords to target in your posts and pages to help them get more free traffic.
With WA you don’t have to worry about paying extra for using an external keyword research tool like SEMRush, Ahrefs, Long Tail Pro, etc…
The key advantage of using Wealthy Affiliate’s keyword research tool is that it’s one of the many features that are included in your membership along with a comprehensive tutorial on how to use it to your advantage.
If you would like more detail about Wealthy Affiliate’s Keyword Research Tool then check out my Jaaxy Review.
There are many different types of support available at Wealthy Affiliate.
1. 24/7 Live Chat:
2. Access to Owners and Community Experts
3.Personal Support via myself!
Wealthy Affiliate Starter vs Premium Membership:
- Starter Membership – FREE ($0)
- Premium Membership – $49 per month
When you join Wealthy Affiliate as a Starter, you get instant access to all that the Wealthy Affiliate Community has to offer for a limited time.
You get access to Premium Features such as access to the live chat, all 500 Training Modules, access to the keyword research tool and so on…
Wealthy Affiliate Premium offer ALL of their training, tools and support for a fixed price of $49/month however there are no upsells for this membership at all once you’ve joined!
You don’t need to worry about any external costs such as hosting fees, keyword research tools, mentorship, live classes, website builder fees and searching for answers and information elsewhere as all of these are included as part of your membership.
However, I, along with many others who have joined Wealthy Affiliate (even the founders themselves) encourage you to “test-drive” the platform and see if it’s for you before purchasing the Premium Membership.
Pros & Cons:
- Easy-to-follow step by step guidance
- 24/7 Support
- Full access to founders, mentors and experts
- SSL Security Built in to all websites
- All-in-one platform – tools & resources
- No up-sells/hidden costs
- Total freedom of direction for your online business
- Weekly interactive live webinars
- Earn while you learn
- Free to Start
- Overwhelming at the start and there is A LOT to learn
- Biased Review Articles
- Easily Distracted
- Lacks certain strategies (email marketing, back-link, content, conversion)
- Live Classes can become too Basic
- NOT a “Done-For-You” platform or get rich quick scheme – real work & learning is needed to succeed
From what I’ve experienced, Wealthy Affiliate is the perfect training platform for beginners to get started with affiliate marketing, and the perfect stepping stone for people with more experience.
It’s all-in-one package allows you to fully immerse yourself in the training and education Wealthy Affiliate offers without having to worry about paying for extra for the other tools.
If you see Wealthy Affiliate as a get rich quick scheme then this is NOT the right platform for you.
I see a lot of people online (maybe you have too) talk about Wealthy Affiliate like it’s going to earn you generational wealth immediately and allow you to quit your job within the first month. While this may be the ultimate goal, you HAVE to set realistic expectations and stick at it if you really want to succeed.
Having the entrepreneur mindset to stick at something even if it doesn’t get you short-term results is one of the most important mindsets that an affiliate marketer can have.